cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Preparing for 2.2
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:27:17 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Up to the 2.1 release only. After that, 2.1.1-dev starts.

Yes, of course.

> >We now have to decide how to move on from here in order to start the
> >development for 2.2.
> >

> Or 2.1.1? I suggest we first discuss what we are planning to do, and see
> wether this fits in 2.1.1 or *requires* 2.2.

I have the perception that this has already been discussed. The next
major feature are "real blocks" and that requires some major changes to
the core and there a major version change is required.
2.1.x is the maintainance branch for bug fixing mostly.

> And the first small step would be to create a plan for the future
> development. Some of the development - as those enhancements to request
> parsing - can easily go into 2.1.1.

Yes, of course. It's the same thing when we started 2.1, we had the 2.0.x
branch and the 2.1 branch and some parts got only into 2.1 as they were
major changes and bug fixes and minor improvements were applied to both.

And I think, this worked pretty well. Before we will have a 2.2 release,
we will have at least have a 2.1.1 release, I guess.

Carsten