cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: OJB and Cocoon
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:50:06 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> > In other words, I personally see no benefit in developing a generic
> > framework for tieing views to persistence as a Cocoon block or other
> > kind of component. Let the application developers choose their
> > persistence mechanism (straight JDBC, O/R mapping, EJB, ...)
> > according
> > to the specific application needs and give them the tools (flow) to
> > control the interaction between the Model and the View.
>
> IIUC we are only talking about examples and not *fundamental* Cocoons
> stuff. Hibernate and OJB is IMO exchangeable and as we can put OJB
> libraries into CVS it just easier for us.

Yes, but even if *we* are only talking about examples this is often
perceived
by users as the *solution*, so we should really be careful with this.
I totally agree with Ugo, the users (or application developers) should
decide
which persistence mechanism they want to use. Cocoon must be independent
from it.

Carsten