cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Preparing for 2.2
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:06:00 GMT
Finally, our beta (named rc) is out and I will create the announcements
tomorrow to give the mirrors a little bit of time.

So, by this, it means, we should only apply bug-fixes and docs to the
repository.

Now, I think this applies only to the core, we can still change the blocks,
at least the blocks marked as alpha.

We now have to decide how to move on from here in order to start the
development for 2.2.

We decided to create a new repository for each major version, so this
would require to create a cocoon-2.2 repository.
I think this is ok for the cocoon core, but not for the blocks as it
can be difficult to maintain two different sets.

So I suggest that we create the cocoon-2.2 repository and import
everything from 2.1 except all blocks. We change the build system
in 2.2 that it automatically takes during builing the blocks
from the 2.1 repo (I think it's a property anyway).
We could also link the docs and not import them in the same way,
keeping the new repository small in the beginning.

By this we have a simple way of starting development of the "real blocks"
and all the other nice changes we have in mind.

We have then time to think about how to handle blocks regarding cvs.
I could imagine to create own repositories for some "bigger" blocks etc.
But it's best to take small and simple steps for now.

What do you think?

Carsten