cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/treeprocessor/sitemap SwitchSelectNode.java
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:47:19 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Carsten,
>
> I couldn't find Volker's report, but I think it's the selector's
> responsibility to handle the case when it returns a null context object
> and that the sitemap should not enforce a failure in that case.
> Furthermore, this modification prevents execution of the statements in
> <map:otherwise> when the context object is null.
>
> What do you think ?

Ok, Volker wrote it to me privately :) and I haven't thought about it
when committing.

After thinking, I don't have an idea why the context of a selector could
be null, so I think this is the error.
As I'm currently in the release process I will revert the change and release
the version with the old behaviour.

We can then discuss what's the correct approach.

Thanks
Carsten