cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: CastorTransformer and CastorSourceConverter
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:45:15 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> In the scratchpad we have a CastorTransformer. I'm not sure but I think
> that it is a rather long time there. Is it in use and stable and is it
> time to move it in the main trunk or can we remove it.
>
> I also found a CastorSourceConverter in the portal framework. What are
> the differences? Can they be unified?

I don't now the CastorTransformer, but the CastorSourceConverter. The
converter
is an avalon component that "converts" io streams from and to java objects.
So, you can read an xml file using castor and get the mapped objects and
vice
versa. I guess, this is a more general approach then the transformer.

In general, I guess as well that they can somehow be unified, e.g. the
transformer
could use the source converter.
I think there is also a patch for the transformer in bugzilla.

Carsten