cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] New Input for woody
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:10:15 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> The idea looks great. A business oriented framework!
>
> What can we also use to use to send mails under this framework? Sometimes
> there is a need to send a automatic email notifications of some changes.
> But of course we can use other approach to do this maybe encapsulated into
> the business objects.

You can either use one of the existing other approaches or you can send
the mail from within your java code.

> Are you thinking in persistence? How you mean this will be done? I will be
> glad if we can exchange some ideas between this.

Yes, persistence is the key feature. Now currently you can use whatever
you want, hibernate, ojb etc. I don't want to create a layer inbetween
and I don't want to force others to use one over the other.
I just started to look at those two and currently I like ojb more. I
guess I will have to throw my ideas for some improvements into the ojb
list and see what happens.

Persistence is a separate concern so I don't want to solve this in Cocoon.
If you or me or anyone else has specific requirements for persistence
than we/you/he should try to get in contact with one of the persistence
development teams.

> I am currenlty spending my time trying to find a new way. The idea of
> create business objects. Maybe we can create a more generalized interface
> to do that. I am also facing the raping changes in the Woody arena. But it
> is OK. I am glad Woody that woody runs too fast!
>
> Currently I am starting to try Woody with Beans (or may we can call it
> ValueObjects)?
Ok, I'm interested to see the results.

> You can also download the lastest CVS of OJB because there is a very nice
> presentation that was posted 2 or 3 days ago. I think it is a worth to see
> it. At the end it show how we can abstract the Data Access Tier.

I donwloaded the latest rc and it took me some hours yesterday night to get
it
running. I ported my test app from hibernate to ojb and it wasn't that easy
because hibernate has some nice features ojb does not have and vice versa.

Carsten