cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] New Input for woody
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:07:53 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> > Thoughts?
>
> Just a quick one: you're assuming there actually is a bean. Or to put it
> in another way: to create a "dywel" form, you also need to create a
> bean. Makes me think a lot of Struts' "form beans" again (i.e. beans
> created especially for form handling). One of the goals behind Woody was
> to make it possible to create forms without necessarily writing a
> bean...

Not exactly (also it might be wording), you have to create a component
that might use beans but doesn't have to.

But in general, yes you're right. My approach is targetted at editing
business objects (=java objects). It's not used for editing xml data
or for processing form values in others ways, like sending emails etc.

That's why I still think that it makes sense to follow the dywel approach
but I want to use underneath as much as possible from the existing
features we already have.

Carsten