cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Chris Clark" <>
Subject JXForm w/ Schematron namespaces - oversight or bug?
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:08:17 GMT
Using the 2.1m2 Scratchpad JXForm sample as I base, I managed to get my own forms with JXForm
working.  I then tried to implement validation with Schematron.  Everything went reasonably
smoothly except that the error messages would not display on screen like they do in the sample.

I finally tracked the problem down to the following line that XMLSpy had inserted into my
xhtml source file:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "">

When I deleted this, everything worked just fine.  As near as I can figure, something (browser,
Jetty, ??) assumed that the error tag belonged to the xhtml namespace instead of the JXForm
one and this broke the XSLT.

The problem is that the <error> tag under the <xf:form> tag has no namespace associated
with it when it gets returned from the generator.  The <xf:violations> tag is also odd
in that it's defined as xf:violations in the form source file, but for some reason it gets
changed to <violation xmlns="..."> when the form comes back to you.

Anyway, it would be nice to see the <error> tag get an explicit namespace in the future.
 It'd be especially nice if it worked as <xf:error>.

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug so I haven't put it in bugzilla.  It just seems to be
a very odd oversight, but something that I thought the community should know about.

-- Chris

View raw message