cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Adaptive Caching
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:48:44 GMT

On Thursday, Jul 17, 2003, at 08:03 America/Guayaquil, Berin Loritsch
wrote:

[skipping nice parallel in digital audio]

> The concept translates over to the adaptive cache approach at almost
> 1:1.
> The actual individual cost sample is not important.  It is the
> windowed average that is important.

Well, on second thought, I think you misinterpreted my pseudocode.
There is only *one* value of efficiency per resource. This is updated
as we go, incresing or decreasing depending on the sampled efficiency
but we don't need to keep the history of it, just the final sum of all
the terms. for this reason we don't need a window, nor the system will
slow down later on.

--
Stefano.