cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject RE: Alternatives to XMLForm: what's the state of art?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:43:14 GMT
That's OK.

I re-post my question in other way:

With JXForms, do you use the same transformer as XMLForm (XMLFormTransformer)?
If yes, has this transformer been updated last two months (for example to matches the latest
W3C XForms draft)?
If not, is the tag syntax matches the latest W3C XForms draft in the transformer used with

Sylvain (T)

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Steven Noels []
Date: mercredi, 9. juillet 2003 15:50
Objet: Re: Alternatives to XMLForm: what's the state of art?

On 9/07/2003 15:32 wrote:

> My question is: have you done this and incorporated this features
> from into the JXForm?

I don't know whether Ivelin or anyone else had backported any of the changes into Cocoon CVS, be it in XMLForm or JXForms. I
don't even know whether can still be considered 'alive' - or
else maybe the implementation is considered to be finished. Either case,
I would strongly suggest to ask for a definitive statement about
merging/backporting or intentions to do this from the xmlform.or people,
since that code hasn't been developed inside the Cocoon community. I
understand this is a problem for current XMLForm users, but we cannot
support something which has no development community around it (that's a
neutral constatation).

With two other frameworks, JXForms & Woody, both supported by active
committers, even if a bit rough around the edges, I think we offer
decent diversity and choice for form handling in Cocoon.

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at

View raw message