cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Webdavapps with Cocoon
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:02:10 GMT

On Tuesday, Jul 29, 2003, at 10:19 Europe/Rome, Nicola Ken Barozzi
wrote:

>>> So in reality, there should be a kind of mechanism *before*
>>> Generation that is able to present the sitemap with payloads as urls
>>> and Requests in the content as Request data.
>> This mechanism must occur not only before generation, but before
>> *any* processing in the sitemap, since flow, matchers, action, etc
>> will need the payloads.
>
> I think so.

Yeah, well, we must draw a line somewhere because if we have to know
the payload before matching, but matchers give me indication on what
type the payload is, we have a design deadlock :-(

I think that the "extraction" (aka "payload parsing") should happen
after matching and right before anything else.

>> It's basically RequestFactories coming back on the table. But this
>> time, this must be more than a simple class to handle file uploads.

Yep.

> Then we had source protocols, that seemed to have resolved all
> pre-generation problems, as it basically does what a "locator" should
> do.

ahhhhhh, good idea... back on the whiteboard...

--
Stefano.