cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject [Woody] New tag <wd:hotkey> -> Re: Woody and user help....
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:08:44 GMT
Bruno Dumon dijo:
> On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 00:09, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> Will be included the <wd:help> tag into Woody?
>
> Oops, sorry for ignoring your previous mail about the topic... actually
> I have been pondering a while about whether the wd:label tag in the form
> definition makes any sense at all (and if it shouldn't simply be
> something that is part of the view template or xsl), and that's what got
> me distracted. But now I think it does make sense, and thus so does
> wd:help.
>
> I'll try to implement it when I have some time.

Thanks.

By the way, I think the <wd:label> tag is important too. But it must be
optional. Sometimes we dont like to show any label for a widget.

<wd:help> must be also a optional tag.

There is missing another tag the <wd:hot-key> or <wd:access-key> tag.
Maybe this can be an attribute of the <wd:label> tag.

The implementation of this tag also can be a problem with the i18n. For
example: In a text box:

Language        label        Hotkey
english         surname       "s"
spanish         apellidos     "a".

Of course other languages vary. This is a problem that also must be
solved. Also note that not always the first char is the hotkey. The hot
key must be unique for every widget in the form. Example:

If we have on the same form text boxes labeled "surname", "source" the hot
key can be "s" for "surname" and "o" for "source".

I know this things are basics, but not for that we can forget it :)

I just tried to scratchpad this little problem. To show some enhancements
we can do in the great form machinery called woody.

Of course is up to the implementator is he will implement in the view
<wd:help>, <wd:label> and <wd:hotkey>.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.