cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <>
Subject Re: Woody and user help....
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:55:08 GMT
Tony Collen dijo:
> Well, call me a luddite but I'm not a huge fan of the DHTML... what's
> wrong with slapping help info in an alt tag?

It depends, DHTML with Javascript helps to make some validations for users
before send the page back to the server. DHTML allow to add some nice
features like interactives drop down menus and popup contextual help. This
kind of interaction is what a user has in a traditional fat client.

I think there is no way back. Of course if we dont want, we can not use
DHTML at all. But this is up to us. Blocking a feature is not the answer.
In that case a <wd:help> tag must exist for every field and maybe at form

Contextual help in a web application is a MUST. This is why I think woody
must have a optional tag help. If you want to use it or not ot depedends
of the user. The form how we will render it in HTML or WML depends of us.

I would suggest to add <wd:help>. Also JXForms already has it.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

View raw message