cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Woody or JXForms? + hibernate or * ?
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:53:17 GMT
Hi:

I want to try some of the new spectacular technologies sported in Cocoon :)
I also will play with persistent data. The idea is to create a simple
database application using postgres as storage of persistent data.

After checking all the docs. For forms: I cannot decide between JXForms
and Woody? Please I need an advise from the gurus in forms.

For the object-database mapping is suggested Hibernate.

I am still trying to find other ways similars to Hibernate since it looks
like Hibernate is not a favorite player because of his LGPL license. :(

I know there is a jakarta project related to database stuff. DBCP is just
a Database connection pool. but,

please note I dont want to start another war.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo