cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flow's processPipelineTo() and FileSource
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:40:46 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:
> Why can't you just call "close()" in your flowscript? I don't see
> anything in the contract of processPipelineTo() that indicates that it
> should close the stream. In my opinion, calling "flush()" but not
> "close()" as in the original implementation is correct.

On second thought, yes, you're right. The OutputStream might be reused
later, and if you call close() in the flow you miss that opportunity.
I'm reverting the patch right now: next on the list is finding out why
close() in flowscript was giving me problems, while putting it there
solved everything. Probably something wrong in FileSource.

Thanks,

--
Gianugo Rabellino