cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject [OT] Font size, Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Release Candidate
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:39:21 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>>> You can configure a minimum font size in Mozilla :-)
>>

>> You do recommend this to all Cocoon users? Seriously? And what to do
>> about all the other web sites where font will become too large?
>>
>> Vadim
>

> No, to all Mozilla users. Because there are many websites having to
> little fonts. For example www.spiegel.de is a bit strenuous to read in
> default font size,

Looks good to me, btw. I hadn't understand a word, but size is good :)
What I can't read is www.distrowatch.com without pressing Ctrl-+  *at
least* once (killer feature this ctrl-+!). Sometimes I do it twice ;-)

> so I set it to 11px.
>
> Of course, we should fix this (as Stefano already did), but you can't
> force all websites to increase their font sizes.

Mozilla is gaining market share, btw. Apache.org is a geek site and you
can see mozilla share around 10%+ and growing (see stats), but recently
in the press they also noticed growing mozilla share. After some time
those sites will have to change.

Vadim