cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.1
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:27:16 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>I just want to collect opinions how to manage the final release.
>
>Now, it seems 2.1rc1 is relative stable, no real complains, some minor
>issues but no showstoppers.

I know of two bugs ATM which are kind of bugging me:
1) broken tutorial due to missing support of action sets
2) broken views wrt to resources (see "Re: Treeprocessor bug with
map:resource and views?")

>>From that we could say: the current cvs
>is the final version. point. I don't think we need a rc2.

True.

>Should we take before we do the release some actions? Like...
>..updating docs

How's your portal going? I seen that the doc has lots of place holders.

>..changing readme
>..asking users for testing (which was a success for 2.0.3 and 2.0.4)

  .. finish samples refactoring / cleanup
  .. fix some more bugs from bugzilla

>etc.
>
>Whatever we do, I think a timeframe of two weeks is good, so I suggest
>a final release on tuesday, 12th.

I would opt for 3 weeks but 2 is good enough too.

Vadim