cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Revisiting Woody's form definition
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:02:36 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Marc Portier wrote

<snip />

> Hmm, ok, caching does not prevent to have some dynamic elements
> in it. You can cache, let's say 89%, and 11% are calculated dynamically.

agree, I guess you just need to come up with the obvious case
that makes us understand where to draw the line...

> A question I was always asking myself is: how does woody handle
> user dependent forms? Which means, if the same form is used inside
> a user session and for example the user can edit his personal
> information. So you have a Form object for each user but use
> of course the same form description. Is this possible? (I guess
> so, but just want to make sure).

yes, but I would try to avoid using the session in general (and
surely now that we have flow, but that is a different issue)

<snip />

> And I really appreciate that!

you're quite welcome

>>I think it is generaly good that someone is making suggestions
>>outside of the current woody scope... makes us rethink some (but
>>not everything ;-))
>>

> I ignore this last remark in the brackets :) you know, sometimes I'm
> simply blind and deaf. :)

uhuh, same here, so be assured: the effort to make me see and
hear will be yours to show and explain  ;-)

but I'll help you by pointing you to the dark-spots in my vision
and the frequency-drops in my hearing ;-)

regards,
-marc=