cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Revisiting Woody's form definition
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:31:28 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 17:23, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip/>

>>As for disposal, the TreeProcessor maintains a list of all Disposable
>>nodes created by the builders that are disposed when the sitemap itself
>>is disposed (BTW, thanks Carsten for finding that nodes should be
>>disposed in reverse order !)
>>

>The problem I saw with disposal was related to form-instances (more the
>when than the how), but now I realize it's probably only the *Definition
>objects that would need to become components, no?

Do you mean that form instances can be stored in the session or in a
continuation, thus having a non-predictible disposal time ? You are
probably right. This means instances should delegate all their
component-related behaviour to their definition. I was bit surprised at
first by the backwards relation from the instance to its definition, but
it may make sense after all for this purpose.

Sylvain