cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Preparing for 2.2
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:14:33 GMT
On 29/07/2003 17:40 Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Yep. I'm strongly -1 to a new repo if we loose history...

Ditto - apart from very ancient modules with lots of Attic stuff where
CVS becomes very slow, it spoils the possibility of doing nice stats.

I do find branches a tad more evil, however, so if 2.2 needs heavy
restructuring and moving around (which, given the insulation layer this
should create between core (yay!) and Real Blocks, might be necessary).

So I wouldn't mind a new module, with history, cp'ed over from
cocoon-2.1, as a starting point for serious 2.2 development. But maybe
we should discuss more about how the repo will be structured in the 2.2 era.

If we become serious about this insulation thing, we might as well copy
blocks from cocoon-2.1 into a cocoon-blocks module as well. Let's also
check how httpd peeps do this with their modules.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org