cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Preparing for 2.2
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:34:55 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Finally, our beta (named rc) is out and I will create the announcements
> tomorrow to give the mirrors a little bit of time.
>
> So, by this, it means, we should only apply bug-fixes and docs to the
> repository.
>
> Now, I think this applies only to the core, we can still change the blocks,
> at least the blocks marked as alpha.

Hmmm... how about scratchpad stuff? Is it still promotable to main
trunk? I would like to move the TraversableGenerators before release, am
I still on time to start a discussion on that or are we willing to ship
the core exactly as-is?

> We now have to decide how to move on from here in order to start the
> development for 2.2.
>
> We decided to create a new repository for each major version, so this
> would require to create a cocoon-2.2 repository.
> I think this is ok for the cocoon core, but not for the blocks as it
> can be difficult to maintain two different sets.
>
> So I suggest that we create the cocoon-2.2 repository and import
> everything from 2.1 except all blocks. We change the build system
> in 2.2 that it automatically takes during builing the blocks
> from the 2.1 repo (I think it's a property anyway).

I'm fine with it, and it sure makes sense if we are to provide blocks in
the next version. However, can this be done by CVS "cp" instead than
imports? I don't feel like losing the history again...

--
Gianugo Rabellino