cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Woody and round trip of parameters.
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:47:57 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 15:07, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>

>>Hi:
>>
>>I had a concern about how to manage parameters that are flying between the
>>server and the client.
>>
>>It will worth if we have an attribute in the form that define when we are
>>waiting or not for a parameter back from the user?
>>

>do you mean something like read-only fields?
>

>>I know woody has some formulas, I was not full review woody. :)
>>
>>I was thinking in some type of "formulas" or "equations" that we can send
>>to woody and let woody calculate them.
>>

>sending formulas to woody? Me understand not :-)
>

>> ie: a tipical invoice
>>(master-detail):
>>
>>Date: 29-jul-2003    N° 2300
>>Client: Cocoon
>>
>>-------------------------------------------
>>Quantity Item   Unit Price          Amount
>>-------------------------------------------
>>2        pen        $1.00             2.00
>>1        pencil     $0.50             0.50
>>-------------------------------------------
>>                         Subtotal:    2.50
>>                         Shipping:    1.00
>>                         Total:       3.50
>>
>>Here we have some fields that are sended from the model (amount, subtotal,
>>total), but we dont need it back from the form.
>>

>And here I get the impression that you're asking for one-directional binding? If so, checkout
the readonly attribute on the wb:field element.

>Not sure I understood what you were asking for, but feel free to explain further.

I guess Antonio is talking about computed fields. For example, the
"subtotal" above is the sum of all "amount" fields. Amounts are
read-only, and subtotal is a fake field that has no binding to the
application data model.

I'm wondering if "read-only" is a property of the binding or of the
field itself. It should be on the field, since it changes both the field
rendering and it's handling of requests (it should not be parsed).

Sylvain