cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Preparing for 2.2
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:46:49 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>So, by this, it means, we should only apply bug-fixes and docs to the
>repository.

Up to the 2.1 release only. After that, 2.1.1-dev starts.

>Now, I think this applies only to the core, we can still change the blocks,
>at least the blocks marked as alpha.

Yes.

>We now have to decide how to move on from here in order to start the
>development for 2.2.

Or 2.1.1? I suggest we first discuss what we are planning to do, and see
wether this fits in 2.1.1 or *requires* 2.2.

>We decided to create a new repository for each major version, so this
>would require to create a cocoon-2.2 repository.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if everybody starts developing 2.2
and nobody works on 2.1+, then it makes sense to copy all of the blocks
to 2.2 as well, and 2.1 will become "historical".

>By this we have a simple way of starting development of the "real blocks"
>and all the other nice changes we have in mind.
>
>We have then time to think about how to handle blocks regarding cvs.
>I could imagine to create own repositories for some "bigger" blocks etc.
>But it's best to take small and simple steps for now.

And the first small step would be to create a plan for the future
development. Some of the development - as those enhancements to request
parsing - can easily go into 2.1.1.

Vadim