cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: processing flow for <map:call resource=""/> (was: <map:serialize type="{1}"/>)
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:35:25 GMT
I just remembered (and easily found the link at the bottom of
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ResourceNaming)
that there already was some stuff said about this...

somewhere on the side of the FOM discussion:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105407766715121&w=2

proposal being (as it is somewhat hidden in that thread) to have
'composed' sitemap components like this:

Stefano wrote (in link mentioned above):
> Look at the difference between:
>
>  <map:resource name="xhtml">
>   <map:transformer type="link-translation"/>
>   <map:serializer type="xhtml"/>
>  <map:resource>
>
>  <map:match pattern="...">
>   <map:generate src="..."/>
>   <map:transform src="..."/>
>   <map:call resource="xhtml"/>
>  </map:match>
>
> compared with
>
>  <map:serializer name="xhtml">
>   <map:transformer type="link-translation"/>
>   <map:serializer type="xhtml"/>
>  <map:serializer>
>
>  <map:match pattern="...">
>   <map:generate src="..."/>
>   <map:transform src="..."/>
>   <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
>  </map:match>

which more nicely tackles the issue covered in the ResourceNaming
wiki page

I don't remember any resolution/vote...
I do remember a spin-off thread (aha, there it is)

with subject 'Overloaded pipeline elements' (what should of have
been 'Composed pipeline elements' IMHO

sorry if this adds onto the confusion, but it could help memory...

regards,
-marc=
PS: to make it even worse: by coincidence the generalized flow
discussion also brings us to reconsidering the map:call for the
flow stuff, might be sensible to do the changes in one sweap?