cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject processing flow for <map:call resource=""/> (was: <map:serialize type="{1}"/>)
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:12:07 GMT
(Moving this discussion to dev list because it implies an more or less
important change - wanted or not.)

The problem: Does the processing return to a calling pipeline after
<map:call resource=""/>?

The docu at
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html#Calling+resources
and http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Resources says no (to
whatever reasons). But I saw Marc's example at
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CleanerSiteMapsThroughResources
and he tested it again and it worked, i.e. the processing flow *does*
return to the calling pipeline.

Is this change implied? What were the pros and contras of this
behaviour? I only know the old behaviour and, yes, the return makes the
sitemap pipeline snippets more flexible. And who updates the docu ;-)

Can anybody say something about it?

Joerg