cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Updating our marketing strategy
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:27:11 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>> Remember, it is included in JBuilder, which is no small feat.  As I
>> recall,
>> I don't remember Struts or Turbine being included....  THat is a definite
>> start and part of the "marketing" package.
>
> Yes, but they include Cocoon 1 and they do a really poor job at it. (the
> person who did the integration left the team, as well as those who
> decided to do it) I don't know if I want to attach myself to something
> that, pretty soon, will be removed. That would impact us too much.

I know this is a naive question, but could we contact them and offer to
help with getting up to speed with Cocoon 2?

This reminds me of the SleepyCat xml database inquiry.  They get press
in things I know people at least thumb through (eWeek).  They inquired
about integrating with Cocoon and there was some response from us, but
it kind of dropped.  For marketing purposes I would think pursuing those
things would be good for business, no?

Geoff