cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject deprecated, source resolver, test case mess
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:51:36 GMT
As many people know, excluding the deprecated classes from the build
causes the test case compilation to fail which then kills the build.

I started looking into why the test cases depend on the deprecated
classes and have so far only been able to determine that it is a big
hairy mess.  I think Cocoon needs to rid itself of this issue before the
  beta release if at all possible.

It appears that these test cases did not get updated when Source and
friends moved to excalibur.  (though it may be that they are designed to
test even deprecated components which would be another discussion).

So, it seems to me that the options are:
- fix the problem in the test cases (if I knew how it would be done by now)
- remove the tests that don't compile without deprecated
- un-deprecate whatever is necessary to hide the problem
- leave things as is and warn users that it is impossible to exclude the
deprecated classes (and perhaps remove the config option)

What do you think?

Geoff Howard