cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject New JDK available
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:23:32 GMT
Ladies and gentlemen,

The new Java 1.4.2 runtime/SDK is available, and it has some new performance
enhancements.  Among them is a parallel (concurrent) garbage collector.  It
would be very telling to see how that affects Cocoon's scalability on the
server.

Any enterprising individual up to the challenge?  Since my current work requires
that I do fat client development, I don't have the time to do it myself.  We
have long dreamed of such a garbage collection algorithm, and now we can see
if it pays off.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin