cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Comparing Woody & XMLForm : towards a unified form handling (long)
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:09:57 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>Hi Sylvain,
>
>thanks for starting this thread, hopefully it will clear up the current
>situation around the multiple form frameworks.
>
>On a general note, and I understand that you know this, many arguments
>of the comparison between the two change when you consider that in
>XMLForm you should also have a separate form model and business model.
>The security, inconsistency and (for a part) data conversion problems
>dissapear and the extra work to copy between the form and business
>models reappears (and also the statement about validations involving
>form data and application data).
>
>I think that for the most part our form-vision corresponds, though I
>have difficulties understanding your proposed changes.

Thanks to Carsten, Marc and you for the positive feedback. Yes, I think
we globally have the same vision and that we should be able to quickly
come to a framework that should satisfy most people.

As for my proposed changes, I started a quick'n dirty hack to showcase
them. However, I'm still on vacation and only little of my time is
available for Cocoon ;-)

More soon, stay tuned.

Sylvain