cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 cocoon.bat
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2003 07:52:51 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:58:32 +0200, "Joerg Heinicke"
> <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de> said:
>
>>Ah, there is a magic thing "shift"? I have looked for anything like
>>that, but didn't find it.
>

> It's there in cocoon.bat already! But I've just found out that it does
> not affect $* :-(

In the cocoon.bat - there I didn't look. I thought this handling were in
the Java code.

> https://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/prodtechnol/winxppro/proddocs/percent.asp

Here's written %* does not include %0, I hope MS TechNet is more exact
than the link I posted. But the non-working shift on %* explains the
current behaviour too.

> That page has code showing how to handle more than 10 parameters, but I
> can't immediately think of how to get that to work when you just want to
> pass them on to another app in one go, rather than one by one.
>
> So I don't know what to do (other than make the CLI ignore 'cli' as its
> first argument) :-(

What about removing the shift for Win NT and passing also %1 for Win 9x
in the cocoon.bat (=> same behaviour for Win 9x and Win NT) and
therefore always ignore %1 / args[0] in the Java code?

Joerg