cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improving (?) the RequestGenerator
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:28:43 GMT
Guido Casper wrote:

> I want to extend RequestGenerator so that request parameters which names
> start with "html:" are parsed (very much like it already parses request
> parameters which names start with xml:" see:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105174146229060&w=2 ) but
> with JTidy.
>
> This would allow easy integration of HTML editors like "htmlArea"
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/itools-htmlarea/
> into the sitemap.
>
> I already submitted a patch to bugzilla.
> I'm however unsure where this RequestGenerator should go since it has a
> dependancy on JTidy. Maybe it should be renamed and go in the HTML block
> besides the HTMLGenerator. But it doesn't really make sense to have 2
> RequestGenerators.

I'm wondering whether it would be better to extend the HTML generator
instead so that it accepts not only html files as external sources but
also as a POST inputstream and/or request parameters. I tend to think
that this is the cleanest solution.

Besided, we have ready (uncommitted since it seemed to me not that
generally useful) an HTML transformer, getting content coming from a
generator as HTML excaped (&lt;html&gt;) and converting it to XHTML
using Tidy: we are using it for HTML taken from a blob on an rdbms. If
there is any interest for that, I'd be glad to commit it.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino