cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Controller/Sitemap integration
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:49:50 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

> We don't call states in this sense. We continue
> a continuation ;-)
> I guess <map:continue continuation="{1}"/> is bad.
>
> <map:continue src="{1}"/>
> or
> <map:continue id="{1}"/>

>>      - rename "WebContinuation" to "FlowState", and accordingly
>>        "WebContinuationManager" to "FlowStateManager".
>
> Yes, the Continuation represents a state, but to make a clear
> difference as a new concept, I think 'Continuation' is accurate.
> But 'Web..'?!
>
> - rename "WebContinuation" to "Continuation", and accordingly
>          "WebContinuationManager" to "ContinuationManager".

I guess I'm a little confused at the general agreement on this naming
using "continuation".  I thought I was hearing in Sylvain's original RT
that continuations may not be the only implementation.  I don't have a
problem with any of the new names suggested which is why I'm not really
adding anything to the discussion at this point, but I don't want to
have the discussion miss this point.

Could someone who resonates with the vision for these other potential
(non javascript-with-continuations) implementations of flow comment on
this quickly?  If it satisfies you, I have no personal objection.

Geoff