cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] the value of being wrong
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:14:21 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I have taken a step back and reconsidered the whole discussion about
> flow and how to implement it.

<snip/>

Stefano,

I will not answer in detail to this RT (computer time is scarce during
holidays), but let me say that I'm happy to see your "balkanization
paranoia" going down. As you say, this community has something special,
and I think it has already proven several times its health. The recent
XMLForm story is a good example of that : a block gets "damaged" because
its main (if not only) contributor decides to leave. And we see better
reimplementations emerge (JXForm, thanks to Chris). I'm confident that
for the particular problem of flow abstractions, the community and
Darwin will do their job as usual. And if not, the few people involved
in today's discussions will take care of it ;-)

<snip/>

>  4) if the line of fair discussion is crossed, people have a chance to
> learn, understand and apologize. This gives a human touch that goes
> past work collaboration and creates deeper relationships, that
> normally reflects in real life (read: friendship. I'm writing this
> from a friend's house met thru cocoon residing on the other side of
> the world from my hometown. And other people are mixing vacation time
> with real-life meeting with cocoon people right as we speak. I think
> this is another thing that makes this community special)

To all : I am the "other people". I visited Bertrand on tuesday, and
this was not only a meeting between Cocoon people, since both families
were involved [1]. This was really great.

Sylvain

[1] http://www.anyware-tech.com/blogs/sylvain/archives/000061.html