cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [flow] session creation
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:16:26 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:

>>> -1 to having "request" or "context" scope.

> Sorry, what I meant was that for the case you mention you don't need
> the context. So for now I can't think of a reason why you need request
> or context "scope".

Actually, I've got an idea: session is not required too! :)
Will this work?

cocoon.context.myCtxAttr = "application-wide data";
cocoon.session.myAttribute = "per user data like login ID";
cocoon.request.myAttribute = "per request data";

var myVar = "currently -- same as session attribute";
function flow() {
    var myVar ="same as per request data";
}

If it works.... The only thing which *needs* to be changed is this
automatic session creation. Should be a way to disable it.

Vadim