cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [flow] session creation
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:19:18 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Continuations do not require the session. But the session is needed to
> support cases where you use JS global variables to share data between
> multiple top level page flows. In your cases, there are no shared
> variables or else there is only a single page flow. I guess Stefano
> and Ricardo are arguing that in almost any real application that would
> not be the case. In Ovidiu's original design you had to explicitly
> request use of the session in your script. Perhaps we should just turn
> that around and require you to explicitly request to _not_ use the
> session:
>
>     function mySessionLessFlow() {
>            cocoon.useSession = false;
>            sendPageAndWait("blah.xml");
>     }
>
> What do you think?

I'll repeat the question:

    Is it possible to use application context to share those global
variables?

What if those variables *are* global? If they are stored in the session
they become local to the current user.

Back to Antonio's suggestion. Can we have a configuration of the flow
controller specifying where to store those global variables? Context,
session, and request (that should be analogue to "no session", right?)
can be possible values.

Vadim