cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hochsteger <e9625...@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Re: [RT] Less is More, Finite State Machines and Balkanization
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 06:13:34 GMT
Hi!

Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
[snip]
> this entire issue at that time. At that point Stephano felt the hooks we
> needed would probably end up in Cocoon. It's not so clear that they will
> anymore, or if they do that the semantics will be very generalized.  I'm
> not asking for additional core services.  I'm (more-or-less) asking for
> ways to treat flow as a generalized component.
>
> I'm not asking anyone to change the way JavaScript flow works, I'm just
> supporting Sylvain and Marc's position that there should be ways to hook
> other alternatives in and providing an existing use case that
> demonstrates there are other alternatives (lest anyone think that they
> are the only ones with the need).
[snip]

I totally agree with you.

Consider another use case:
A big company uses expert systems with big knowledge bases to drive
their business.
How could you use the "rules" which are already defined there to affect
the workflow of your Cocoon application?

I hope all agree, that translating them to JavaScript (as often
suggested) is not a good option ;-)

Bye,

	Andreas Hochsteger
	http://highstick.blogspot.com/