cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Less is More, Finite State Machines and Balkanization
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:00:35 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>I think, for cocoon 2.2 with the "real blocks" we need to think about our
>cvs strategy anyway. Currently, we agreed to create a new cvs repository
>for each new major version, so we would have a cocoon-2.2 repository.

Why not 2.1.1? What change *requires* version bump to 2.2?

Same repository will be used then, same blocks directories. IIRC,
directory layout for the "fake blocks" was made specifically to enable
"real blocks" without cvs restructuring. Meaning, we can develop "real
blocks" in 2.1 CVS and release as 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 or whatever/whenever it
will be.

Vadim