cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Flow Database stuff ( The new FOM? )
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 06:55:20 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> To understand this correctly: Does e.g. Hibernate give you this
> typed "object repository"? You only have to deal with beans and
> all the persistence stuff is done for you "by magic".

No. You still have to open a Session to your database and use its
methods to load and store objects. What Hibernate (and other ORM tools
like JDO, if I'm not mistaken) gives you is that now you are working
with POJOs (Plain Old Java Objects) instead of with ResultSets or with
EJBs. You also map relations to object references and Collections (Maps,
Sets, Lists) and so you manage your objects in an "idiomatic" way that
is more friendly to us Java programmers.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/blog/