cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Flow Database stuff ( The new FOM? )
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:51:41 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:

>Hi Chris,
>
>I'll give it a try this weekend.
>
>To understand the changes: In a function with continuations I
>call a component once and if sendPageAndWait() is called the
>component is released automatically. If the continuation
>created is called later the variable with a pointer to a
>component will be reassigned with a newly created component of
>the same type?

Yep.

>I know this sounds very disbelieving but I wrote my mail only
>a few hours ago and you come up with a solution ... ;-)

I had already prototyped it. I didn't write it after you sent your message.

>Another question: The JXTemplate* stuff and the petstore are
>moved to the main trunk or a block. Do you plan to move the
>JXForms into the XMLForms package? (I want to avoid duplicate
>work because could have time this weekend doing it but can't
>promise it now.) So if you have time don't hesitate ;-)

I think it would be easiest to move it to its own block. Then we could
deprecate XMLForm and those who are using it won't get broken. I'm not
sure how you would merge it with the XMLForm block, anyway. If making
JXForms its own block is ok, then I can do that. Otherwise, I don't
think I'll be able to spend time merging it with XMLForm.