cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: New WebDAV block in CVS
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:12:12 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> I just committed a new WebDAV block on CVS (my very first block, so
> please bear with me if I did any mistake). In its current incarnation
> it's a WebDAV Source which is Traversable and Modifiable, we are using
> it already in some of our projects and seems to work fine (despite the
> Slide Webdav client library being far from perfect).

Cool indeed!

> Usage is straigthforward: just point to
> webdav://[host][:port]/[path][?principal=username&password=password]
> to get, write and navigate Webdav resources.

RFC 1738 - Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1738.txt (sect. 3.1, 5), suggests:

scheme://[user[:password]@]host[:port][/path]

for generic url. This syntax for user and password handling seem to be
supported in Mozilla as well as IE. The syntax that you use seem to be
pretty common in webapps. Any ideas about if any of the scheemes is
preferable to the other?

/Daniel