cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Flow] Calling internal-only pipelines
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 03:57:37 GMT
lost a week of email because I was reading them on gmane and it was not
updated :-(

I'm catching up on the mail archives, so apologies for the misquoted text:

<quote author="sylvain"
In Cocoon 2.0, there was not so much difference between internal and
external processing on the Processor interface. Things have changed in
2.1 due to changes in the cache system, which now require to build the
pipeline to get its validity (Carsten, tell me if I'm wrong).

So the current situation in the sitemap engine (inherited from the 2.0
architecture), is that a call to process() is considered as external
while a call to processInternal() is considered as... internal.

Now we see that tying internal/external to the called method is not the
way to go, since we the flow calls process(), and such calls should be
considered as internal.

So my suggestion is to strongly separate these two different notions.
The results are that :
- internal/external should be a property of the environment object : add
a new Environment.isInternal() method.
- Processor.processInternal() should be renamed to buildPipeline().

This separation can then allow any kind of combination.

What do you think ?
</quote>

sounds good. +1

are you volunteering for the changes as well? (just curious, I don't
want to duplicate effort and we really this RSN!)

--
Stefano.