cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Getting ServiceSelector instead of ComponentSelector
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:46:30 GMT
Hi Cocoon developers,

I define a component selector in my roles file:

<role name="org.apache.lenya.cms.ac2.AccreditableManagerSelector"
       shorthand="accreditable-managers"
       default-class="org.apache.avalon.excalibur
                 .component.ExcaliburComponentSelector">
</role>

and set it up in cocoon.xconf:

<accreditable-managers>
   <component-instance logger="lenya.ac.accreditablemanager"
     class="org.apache.lenya.cms.ac2.file.FileAccreditableManager"
     name="file"/>
</accreditable-managers>

But when I try to get the selector in my Java class, I get
an org.apache.avalon.framework.service.WrapperServiceSelector
instead of the ExcaliburComponentSelector. Can anyone tell me
how to avoid this? Is it because my client object is a Serviceable
and not a Composable?

BTW, which class should one use as the default ServiceSelector
instead of the ExcaliburComponentSelector that depends on the
deprecated ComponentSelector?

Thanks in advance!
Andreas