cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: DirectoryGenerator source-oriented refactoring
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:50:49 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> And while we're at refactoring, what do you think of having separate
>> regexps for directories and files ? This would be really useful since
>> their respective naming rules are totally different. E.g. if I want
>> only .xml files, the regexp has to be "^[^.]*$|\.xml$", which looks
>> quite ugly when the file regexp would simply be "\.xml$".
>

> How do you plan to express that in the component configuration? I'm
> afraid it might start being overcomplicated...

Simple : instead of the "includes" and "excludes" parameters, we would
have "file-includes", "file-excludes", "dir-includes" and "dir-excludes".

As decoupling files and dirs will drastically simplify the expressions,
I like Joerg's proposal of using Ant-like wildcards, which would make
them even more simpler.

Thoughts ?

Sylvain