cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: DirectoryGenerator source-oriented refactoring
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:47:11 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
 > Joerg Heinicke wrote:
 >
 >> Nice job. A more generic solution is always useful.
 >>
 >> Unfortunately your implementations do not base on the latest *DG
 >> stuff. E.g. I fixed the Caching key  in the DG
 >

 > Uh? We did that yesterday, basing on the latest CVS version of the DG.
 > As of now, I have no diffs on the original one, so I don't see what is
 > the latest version you are talking about...

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/DirectoryGenerator.java

e.g.:

     public Serializable getKey() {
         StringBuffer buffer = new StringBuffer();
         int len = this.cacheKeyParList.size();
         for (int i = 0; i < len; i++) {
             buffer.append((String)this.cacheKeyParList.get(i) + ":");
         }
         return buffer.toString();
     }

My latest commit is 7 days ago.

>> and changed the xpath handling from xpointer-ish (as it was written in
>> the docu; using #) to an extra parameter 'xpath' (Why let it look like
>> XPointer/XInclude, if it is not?).
>

> That's a matter of taste: while it's not real Xpointer, I liked the idea
> of having the path in the URI, which allows me, e.g., to build the
> source URI *and* the XPath from other pipeline steps (say an XSL
> stylesheet).

In which way? Generating a sitemap by XSL?

> I would say that we can go for a query string parameter if
> you really don't like the pound notation, but I'd really like to have
> that on the URL.

Not a query string, but a <map:parameter/>:

<map:generate type="xpathdirectory" src="docs/{1}">
   <map:parameter name="xpath" value="/article/title|/article/abstract"/>
   <map:parameter name="xmlFiles" value="\.xml$"/>
</map:generate>

(also 7 days old).

Joerg

--