cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DirectoryGenerator source-oriented refactoring
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:25:50 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Nice job. A more generic solution is always useful.
>
> Unfortunately your implementations do not base on the latest *DG stuff.
> E.g. I fixed the Caching key  in the DG

Uh? We did that yesterday, basing on the latest CVS version of the DG.
As of now, I have no diffs on the original one, so I don't see what is
the latest version you are talking about...

> and changed the xpath handling
> from xpointer-ish (as it was written in the docu; using #) to an extra
> parameter 'xpath' (Why let it look like XPointer/XInclude, if it is not?).

That's a matter of taste: while it's not real Xpointer, I liked the idea
of having the path in the URI, which allows me, e.g., to build the
source URI *and* the XPath from other pipeline steps (say an XSL
stylesheet). I would say that we can go for a query string parameter if
you really don't like the pound notation, but I'd really like to have
that on the URL.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino