cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <>
Subject Re: DirectoryGenerator source-oriented refactoring
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:16:36 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> My cache implementation deals with SourceValidity instead of
> lastModified(), which allows caching for sources where lastModified
> isn't available (e.g. a CVS directory, or a tagged CVS source which can
> parameter which automatically filters regular files (it can be
> needlessly expensive to get infos on them and later discard them in the
> pipeline).

Ok, this would supercede the normal caching in any case, so the missing fix
on the caching key at the moment is not that problem.

> And while we're at refactoring, what do you think of having separate
> regexps for directories and files ? This would be really useful since
> their respective naming rules are totally different. E.g. if I want only
> .xml files, the regexp has to be "^[^.]*$|\.xml$", which looks quite
> ugly when the file regexp would simply be "\.xml$".

I wonder why RegExps?? Are they not to complicated for more specific stuff?
Wouldn't it be much easier to use the patterns used by Ant?

System Development
Fon  +49(0)341-979-7419
Fax  +49(0)341-979-7409

View raw message