cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject DirectoryGenerator source-oriented refactoring
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:06:49 GMT

I just added to scratchpad a refactored implementation of
DirectoryGenerator (TraversableGenerator) that doesn't work with just
files but with any TraversableSource. Together with it, a refactoring
was done on XPathDirectory, which is now XPathTraversable, so that even
XPath queries can be done on any TraversableSource (while we were at it,
we added namespace support, missing on the previous implementation).

Would you guys think that this implementation might supersede the
current DirectoryGenerator stuff, maybe by providing a migration path?
If so, I'd gladly produce some docs, confs and samples once it's proven
stable.

Also, since we're not talking about directory and files anymore, I used
the more generic terms of collection and resource, changing the
namespace too to "http://apache.org/cocoon/collection/1.0". I don't
remember if a vote was required for new namespace additions, but I'd
like to hear at least your opinion on that. :-)

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino