cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Cocoon Advanced Control Flow
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:48:43 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:

+1 on everything but [B] :

>  [B] Functions provided by scripts can be called within the sitemap
>      using:
>
>      <map:call function="[yourFunction]">
>        <map:parameter name="x" value="y"/>[2]
>      </map:call>
>
>      There are no special restrictions where you can put
>      it within <map:pipeline .../> (e.g. put it within action elements)

As pointed out recently by Jeremy, <map:parameters> inside a <map:call>
are currently passed as positional arguments to the JS function, which
can be very confusing since the sitemap syntax uses named parameters.
Jeremy also proposed these parameters to be passed as a single Map-like
object to the function.

So I'm +1 for the syntax but I'd like the parameters to be passed by named.

Also, in order to ensure so that there's no hidden secret, here's what I
answered to Reinhard asking me privately about the name changes RT and
this vote :
"The discussion following the RT showed that the proposed changes can
conceptually make sense but require more thinking and some concrete code
to be widely accepted. So we won't vote on this issue now, but this
subject is very likely to come back in a more formalized form and with
actual code in the future."

And of course if such changes happen, a back-compatible behaviour will
be maintained.

Sylvain.