cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: [Vote] Cocoon Advanced Control Flow
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:08:48 GMT
On 9/07/2003 14:37 Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> [3] I'm aware of Sylvain's and Marc's proposal on changing
>     the scope of available controllers. I contacted Sylvain off-list
>     and the said that they want to come up with a concrete
> implementation
>     of their proposal in the future and this should *not* influence
>     the release of Cocoon 2.1 as the proposed changes would only have
>     a small impact on the *public* interfaces.

+1 under the assumption that:

  - we can reasonably expect that Sylvain & Marc will try to minimize
the impact on public interfaces (i.e. sitemap syntax and friends) of
their planned future contributions

  - the 'original flow' is considered to be but one implementation of
the aspect of flow handling in Cocoon, especially in the naming sense.
It should be possible that sitemap constructs can be reconsidered, and
it should also be possible that 'Flow' is considered to be a generalized
service in Cocoon, with a number of realisations, without the 'original
flow' claiming the entire Flow concept thought- and namespace

It's good to see progress in this matter, thank you for shepherding the
discussion into a vote, Reinhard!

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at