cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Cocoon Advanced Control Flow
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:55:31 GMT
just dotting the i's and crossing the t's
(don't want to be nagging)

Reinhard Pötz wrote:

<snip />

>   [D] All flow interpreters[3] are Avalon components and declared
>       in the cocoon.xonf:
>
>       <flow-interpreters default="[yourLanguage]" logger="[yourLogger]">
>       </flow-interpreters>

our proposal was about having also non-interpreter
implementations of the 'generalized flow' concept

so while the xconf remark is totally valid, the link in the same
paragraph to our proposal might be a bit misleading...

> [3] I'm aware of Sylvain's and Marc's proposal on changing
>     the scope of available controllers. I contacted Sylvain off-list
>     and the said that they want to come up with a concrete
> implementation

- we felt the group not able to really conclude the discussion at
this point, and don't want to be the PITA that blocks releases.

- we think code will say more then the wiki write up:
(while we do appear to make some 'theoretical' sense, and got
some people into the thinking apparently, I still can't shake off
the feeling that some still carry some YAGNI-feeling around this)

- we are committed to do our discussions, and status reporting
towards this implementation on this list hoping that the road to
it will be a helpful tutorial into our thinking here

>     of their proposal in the future and this should *not* influence
>     the release of Cocoon 2.1 as the proposed changes would only have
>     a small impact on the *public* interfaces.

- we are convinced at this stage (and wil do our best to keep it
as such) that the impact on the public interfaces will be indeed
limited

- we are hoping on the other side that our lenient position at
this stage is not going to be cutting us back in re-considering
some of this in the future.

hope this is acceptable to all
-marc=